Selection General Guidelines
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses is designed for business owners with limited resources who have a business poised for growth. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to growing their business and creating jobs within their community.
Applicants should meet the following general guidelines
- Applicant must be an owner or co-owner of a business.
- Business in operation for at least two years.
- Business revenues of at least $150,000 in the most recent fiscal year.
- At least 4 employees (including the owner).
Apply for priority review by April 21, 2017. The business and management education program is delivered at Long Beach City College and Los Angeles City College, and helps businesses in Southern California grow and create jobs. After you have submitted your application, you will receive an e-mail confirming its receipt.
The educational part of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program is delivered through a carefully planned and integrated series of modules, workshops, and clinics.
VALUE TO BUSINESS OWNERS
The business owner benefits from getting a scholarship covering tuition and program materials through the support of the Goldman Sachs Foundation. In addition:
- A practical 14-session business entrepreneurship training program that examines business fundamentals through the lens of actual business experiences (typical all-day session 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.)
- Comprehensive one-on-one business advisory services to help you develop and implement a business growth plan
- Development of a personalized growth plan tailored to your business
(888) 99-10KSB / (888) 991-0572.